I was a Stupid Driver

I was a stupid driver for many years. Of course it was when I was young so I have an excuse. My biggest problem was speeding. I also did some other stupid things like passing in dangerous situations. But the absolute most idiotic thing I ever did was backing my father's car through the front window of a Pizza Restaurant.

Lucky for me I didn’t hurt anyone inside the restaurant. But I did have to pay for the window ($275) and to replace the exhaust system ($900) that was ripped off the bottom of the car. At sixteen that was a lot of money.

They say that admitting you have a problem is the first step to being cured. These days I am a safe driver. I don’t speed, I don’t tailgate, I use my turn signals and I always wear my seatbelt. But I am surrounded by idiots.

If you’re like me and just want to drive without some moron attached to your rear bumper then welcome. The stories chronicled here will help you know you’re not alone. Think of this as a 12-step program to becoming a smart and safe driver.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hit and Run in Port St Lucie Florida

This story comes from Gary of Indian Town, Florida.

Gary and his wife were out cruising on his 1997 Yamaha Virago motorcycle in Port St Lucie, FL when they were hit by a driver with no insurance and no license.

The Stupid Driver
This stupid driver was driving a pickup and was apparently annoyed by traffic. So he took to the right lane to get past a line of car and then made a LEFT TURN FROM THE RIGHT LANE. Unfortunately Gary and his wife were coming the opposite direction when this moron cut in from of them causing a collision.

The idiot then took off. The police did catch the guy and arrested him.

The Victim
Gary has a cast on his left foot, stitches in his right arm, and was intensive car for several days. His wife has a broken arm and cuts and bruises.

The Motorcycle is OK
According to Gary the motorcycle need some repairs but wil be OK. The problem is that his wife is now scared to ride on it.

No comments: